In English, it is the smallest positive integer requiring three syllables and the largest prime number with a single-morpheme name. Fascinating, isn’t it!
There are a ton of lists out there, but most of them stop at 10. Have you ever asked yourself why….why stop at 10? Well, we did and we couldn’t find a good answer!
So we decided why should we stop at 10 when we could have 11!!
More interesting facts about 11:
- Apollo 11 was the first manned spacecraft to land on the Moon.
- “Eleven pipers piping” is the gift on the 11th day of Christmas in the carol “The Twelve Days of Christmas”
- The Eleven is a song by The Grateful Dead.
- There are 11 players on football, soccer and cricket teams on the field at a time.
- World War I ended on November 11, 1918, which went into effect at 11:00 am—the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of the year.
- Aquarius is the 11th astrological sign of the Zodiac.
- In the Tarot, eleven is the card of Strength or Justice.
- Canadian one-dollar coin is a hendecagon; an eleven-sided polygon.
- “The eleventh hour”suggests urgency. Because the clock runs to twelve, this is the last hour to get things done.
- Three films — Ben-Hur (1959), Titanic (1997), and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) — have each won 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture of their respective years.
- Ocean’s Eleven is the name of two American films.
- New York became the eleventh state of the United States on July 26, 1788.
At The 11 Best, you’ll find the 11 best of everything! The best shoes, the best cupcakes, the best DIY projects, the best of everything you love.